Founded by Sh Sharma
JAAV, Janta Adarsh Andh Vidyalaya is a school for visually challenged children recognised till Class VIII. Most of these children are from poor families who cannot take care of their special needs.
School has a Management Committee based on the guidelines of Scheme of Management by Directorate of Education, Delhi Government.
The Vidyalaya has maximum capacity of 140 visually challenged students in the Hostel. After passing VIII standard they go to govt. senior secondry school in Lajpat Nagar for boys and Andrews Ganj for girls. However they continue to live in the hostel of Vidyalaya free of charge. At present 40 students (boys and girls) are studying in various govt. schools and colleges.
Founded by Sh. J. S. Sharma
Sh. Sharma was Visually Challenged who started with a dilapidated structure.
Society was formed
Janta Adarsh Andh Vidyalaya society was framed and registered in June 1975.
New School Buliding
The school shifted to its new building from old building near Sama nursing home in June 2011
Our motto "Learn & Earn"
Most of these children belong to poor families who cannot take care of their special needs.
- We provide free education from I to VIII standard.
- Free boarding facility, clothes, medical and food.
- We provide these visually impaired children with vocational training in computers, music, tabla, chair canning for all and home science for girls.
- The training provides students adequate confidence and opportunities to become self sufficient for their life.
- We provide free boarding facility to our VIII pass out children who go for higher education outside the school premises.
- Every activity has to be approved by the committee & finances are monitored.
List of Children
List of Teachers
Income Tax Exemption
Donations to the school are exempt from Income Tax as per u/s 80-G of the Income Tax.
Certificates & Licence.
School infrastructure is in good shape. Need to create awareness about this school in near by area. Put hoarding on road properly to encourage vistors / donors. Try to getS.S. Jain Director NDMA, MHA